Sunday Morning Worship
October 9, 2011
Series: “I Am a Missionary”
Today: “The Missionary”
Scripture: Matthew 5:13-16 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. 14 “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
I. EVERY DAY A MISSIONARY MUST FOCUS ON HIS IMAGE .
* A true missionary is daily asking himself, “How am I presenting myself?”
II. A TYPICAL DAY IN A MISSIONARY’S LIFE IS WORKING HARD ON ANGER CONTROL AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION.
B. A day in the life of a missionary includes frustration and disagreement with people in their lives.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
* Missionaries seldom get through a day without a battle against lust.
1. It might be lust for material things.
2. It might be lust for an emotional relationship.
3. It might be lust for the sensual .
* Lust equals a strong passionate desire for something we don’t have.
Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Conclusion: Do your days look anything like the typical days in a missionary’s life?
* Can you say, “I am a missionary ?”